Monday, January 02, 2006

Apropos for a Party that's Also a Crime

Happy New Year!

I'd like to imagine that, given the far-reaching amazingness of the Internet, the previous exclamation would find its way onto the computer screens of millions. In reality, only my three to four semi-loyal readers will receive it. Maybe I need to initiate some sort of grassroots campaign to publicize this worthless blog. I could . . .
  • rent a billboard on a major freeway
  • wear a sandwich board around the streets of Minneapolis
  • ride a skateboard whilst (what a good word) screaming legfry52.blogspot.com
  • speak to the Chairman of the Board of a major corporation (not sure if that would help, but I wanted to continue the whole "board" thing)

In honor of the New Year, I would also like to submit this picture which more or less epitomizes the events leading up to the ringing in of 2006. Some things to note are . . .
  • the lack of proper focus -- symbolizing our blurred vision
  • the improper framing -- symbolizing our "crossing the line" far too many times
  • the ginormous (sp?) smiles -- symbolizing our happiness with alcohol
  • the squinty eyes -- symbolizing our reflex to the radiance of our party
I was going to use this space to write a collection of resolutions, but three bulleted lists in one posting is both boring and preposterous.

No comments: