Sunday, December 11, 2005

It's Just Me out There


So while in the Nutcracker, there were obviously many pictures taken backstage. My waltz partner was all about taking pictures of everything because, as she stated, she is "100% Japanese." In any case, there was a picture of the two of us.

A week later, she came up to me and began telling how she had been showing her wealth of pictures to friends. The common response to our picture was, "Wow. He's kinda cute." [No shit, Sherlock.] After she said that, she paused, as though waiting for me to respond. I didn't. She proceeded to say, "Why didn't they say anything about me?" I respond (in a perfect Will Ferrell imitating Robert Goulet voice) with, "What can I say? I steal shows." Then I walked away.

I'm fairly sure, given her age (she has a daughter in high school), she has never seen (nor appreciated the pure comic genius of) the Robert Goulet impression. Thus, she's probably now thinking, "Wow. What a pompous ass! And why did he speak in a deep voice?"

No comments: